Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING.
This showy buttercup is an excellent plant for the border and containers. Each stem bears several wide blooms in summer. These flowers are useful for cutting as they are long-lasting in water. Soak the tuberous roots in cold water for several hours and then plant them claws downwards in spring.
January-May after Frost
2 inch (5 cm)
3 inch (7.5 cm)
Approx. 16 inch (40 cm)
Easy to grow
1. Select an area with full sun
2. Dig a hole 2 inches (5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 15 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Planting time zone
Hardiness Zones 8-10