Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING.
This African beauty called Babiana gives you beautiful spikes of color in mid-summer, and they’re hardy into Zone 4. Like miniature gladiolus, the plants have sword-shaped leaves and flowers of deepest blue, rich red and pure white. In general, they are easy to grow in a sunny spot with any reasonably drained soil. They need adequate watering during their winter growing season, but want drier conditions during summer when they are dormant.
January-May after Frost
2 inch (5 cm)
4 inch (10 cm)
Approx. 10 inch (25 cm)
Easy to grow
1. Select an area with full sun
2. Dig a hole 2 inches (5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 4 inches (10 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 15 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Planting time zone
Hardiness Zones 4-9