Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING.
Tuberous begonias are the “prima donnas” of the summer shade garden. Because of their glorious performance, they deserve a center stage in your garden. It is easy to grow, does well in shade, needs moderate care, and will reward you with a lovely display of blooms all summer long. Tuberous begonias do best in a location that has partial to full shade and well-drained soil. However, they also make excellent patio plants in containers.
January-May after Frost
3 inch (7.5 cm)
8 inch (20 cm)
Approx. 8 inch (20 cm)
Easy to grow
1. Select an area with full sun or semi-shade
2. Dig a hole 3 inches (7,5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 8 inches (20 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 3 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Planting time zone
Hardiness Zones 6-9