Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING.
These bulbs are hardy in zones 5 to 7, where they should be planted in spring for summer blooming. They will grow in full sun to shade, and they naturalize easily. They should be kept moist throughout their growing season. They are adaptable to a variety of soil types. Soak the tubers in water overnight before planting. These bulbs are an excellent source of summer color in a woodland garden, perennial border, or rock garden.
Sun / Semi shade
January-May after Frost
2 inch (5 cm)
4 inch (10 cm)
Approx. 9 inch (23 cm)
Easy to Grow
1. Select an area with full sun
2. Dig a hole 2 inches (5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 4 inches (10 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 15 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Planting time zone
Hardiness Zones 5-7